The German Association of Freight Forwarders and Logistics (Bundesverband Spedition und Logistik) calls the current situation a veritable "shipment tsunami": In March and April 2021, the volume of shipments rose by up to 20 % compared to the previous year, in some cases even more.
The reasons behind this rapid increase:
- High pent-up demand from industry and trade from last year and additional production-to-stock by suppliers in order to be able to react more flexibly to industrial demand in crisis situations.
- Increase in the volume of shipments in the B2C sector (including online trade), which is particularly small-scale and significantly more time- and cost-intensive
This means: Confirmed services, especially with regard to punctuality, can currently only be fulfilled to a limited extent. This applies in particular to scheduled and express deliveries.
When processing shipments, we must prepare for longer delivery times due to the bottlenecks – it is therefore essential to plan ahead in close consultation with our sales department.
In order to prevent delays in your PV projects, to ensure on-time delivery to your warehouse or directly to the construction site as best as possible and to avoid unnecessary express deliveries, we recommend that you plan a longer lead time for your goods call-offs. You can also help us to process your orders as smoothly as possible by taking the following recommendations into account:
- Call-off your goods in good time, preferably with a lead time of two weeks
- In case of an advance payment, please ensure a timely transfer of money prior to the delivery, i.e. also taking into account the processing times of banks
- Ensure a sufficient credit limit at EWS to make order processing more flexible
For further background information on the situation in the logistics sector, please see the press release of the Bundesverband Spedition und Logistik e. V. (DSLV). Our sales team will be happy to answer any questions you may have and to schedule your deliveries.