Look forward to mid-November, when the new REC Alpha will be available. This innovative high-performance solar module combines state-of-the-art heterojunction cells and advanced connection technology in production.
The result speaks for itself:
- 120 half-cut cell solar module with a power of up to 380 Wp
- 20 % more energy will be generated in the same area and with the same number of panels (when compared to conventional monocrystalline half-cut cell modules)
- 20 years product warranty (if installed by a REC Solar Professional: 25 years)
- 25 years linear power output warranty
- Multi-busbar technology with nearly invisible wire connections for a homogeneous cell design
- Strong 30 mm frame design with support bars across the rear of the panel to withstand snow loads of 7,000 Pa
- Optimized temperature coefficient for significantly higher specific yields
- Attractive design: Variant with white backsheet or aesthetic fullblack model (available from the first quarter of 2020 with up to 375 Wp)
The additional yield of 20 % for the same area and number of modules is thus particularly interesting for projects where only limited space is available, e.g. residential applications.
In addition to lower system costs, zero energy performance directives for new buildings can be met more easily. REC’s award-winning “twin” design was also incorporated in the new product design. The modules are split into two twin sections and connected in parallel. This design delivers demonstrably better performance in shaded conditions.
Following the launch of the Alpha, which will be available with white backsheet and black frame in the beginning, REC currently offers three product lines for different project sizes and requirements:
|Alpha series||N-Peak series||TwinPeak 2 Mono series|
|Power output||360-380 Wp||325 Wp
315 Wp (Black)
|Cell technology||Heterojunction||N-Typ mono||Mono-PERC|
|Area of application|
|Product warranty||20 years
(25 years if installed by REC Solar Professional)
(year 2 – 25)
|0,25 %||0,5 %||0,7 %|
of nameplate power after year 25
|92 %||86 %||80,7 %|
(expected from Q1/2020)
|TwinPeak 2 Mono|
The REC Alpha with 360 Wp will be available from stock from mid-November. The launch for the REC Alpha Black is expected in early 2020. We will keep you updated. Your purchasing conditions can be found in our calculation tool QuickCalc. In addition, project-specific special prices can be agreed upon with various manufacturers for larger systems. Please contact our sales team for further information. We are looking forward to your enquiries.