Trina Solar has launched the next generation of solar modules.
The completely renewed product portfolio combines several innovative technologies for maximum performance and efficiency, i.e. half-cut N-type and P-type cells, multi busbar design and bifacial cell technology. The mono- and polycrystalline solar modules will be available with 120 half-cut cells.
The main advantages of the new technology are:
- The lower performance loss in a half-cut cell increases the fill factor and the cell’s efficiency, resulting in an improved module performance of up to 10 Wp.
- Solar modules with a high fill factor have a lower series resistance, thus reducing the power loss in the cell.
- A lower thermal coefficient increases energy generation at high operating temperatures.
Two models from the latest module generation will be available from stock at EWS from the end of August 2019:
- Monocrystalline solar module with 120 half-cut cells (fullblack design, 315 Wp)
- Aesthetic fullblack module for residential applications
- Combines multi busbar technology and mono PERC cells
- Polycrystalline solar module with 120 half-cut cells (aluminium frame, white backsheet, 290 Wp)
- Optimized performance in shaded conditions, e.g. between module rows – ideal for large-scale installations
- Reduces BOS costs, thanks to higher nominal effects and 1,500 V system voltage