The shortage of raw materials, energy and transport capacities has reached a new level – especially after the outbreak of the war in Ukraine. At the same time and in direct connection, demand in our industry for high-quality photovoltaic products is developing at an exceptionally high rate. In the past few days, various suppliers have again informed us of price increases. A new quality, however, is the often very short-term validity of our new purchasing positioning.
The reasons for the current shortages of goods and the ensuing price increases are manifold, for example:
- The ongoing semiconductor crisis is leading to even more drastic shortages of electronic components and microchips in the power electronics production.
- In particular, the shortage of raw materials, e.g. aluminium, steel and silicon, is affecting the price and availability of modules and mounting systems.
- New COVID lockdowns in China are leading to production and port shutdowns. In addition, handling times at European ports have further increased.
- As truck transport capacities in Europe have exceeded their limits, in-time and plannable delivery to our and your warehouse is becoming increasingly unpredictable. In addition, due to the current fuel prices, the freight costs are on the rise.
- Exchange rate losses of the Euro (compared to the US Dollar) lead to higher import costs for products and components traded in the foreign currency.
You can support us and reduce the likelihood of disappointment for your customers by taking into consideration the following recommendations for planning and handling your PV projects:
- Place your orders or call your quota for upcoming projects as early as possible. Please also accept partial deliveries for the available goods.
- Allow for possible irritations regarding the price and the delivery date and communicate the current situation to your customers.
- Remain as flexible as possible in terms of component selection and delivery date.
- Plan your demands for the third quarter of 2022 already today and feel free to share your forecast with us.
- Prepare your offers quickly and easily using our planning tool QuickPlan. With just a few clicks, you can create an impressive customer offer in no time. The tool supports you and us in efficiently processing the enquiries.
Our sales team will be happy to provide you with further information on current availabilities. Please note that we are currently receiving an unusually high number of new enquiries in all departments. Please understand that the processing time may temporarily be somewhat longer than you are used to. We will do our best to process your enquiries as quickly and satisfactorily as possible!