Roofing work, i. e. for maintenance, repair or cleaning of solar panels, poses not only a high risk of accidents due to falls, but also of damaging the delicate solar modules. A point load on the surface, for instance by incorrectly walking on the panels, may result in the formation of micro cracks and, as a consequence, in a dramatic loss of performance.
To prevent such damage, Sven Heidbüchel from Nörvenich near Cologne developed the SMB® Solar Multiboard in 2012.
This lightweight, mobile, non-slip working platform can easily be inserted in the existing gap between the framed PV-modules to ensure a safe and comfortable working environment – while saving time.
The boards are exclusively made in Germany.
Product benefits at a glance:
- A safe stand on the non-slip surface structure reduces the risk of falling
- Protects solar modules against damage (micro cracks) by even weight distribution (loads up to 150 kg)
- Time and cost savings: dismantling of the modules is not necessary, allows for working directly on the solar modules
- Easy to transport, easy to handle
- Lightweight, but extremely rigid
- Suitable for roof pitches up to 40 degrees
- UV-resistant, waterproof materials
- Certified by TÜV Rheinland
This innovative product is available from EWS in two different sizes. For detailed product information, please download the datasheet, flyer and manual and check your terms of purchase with our price calculation tool QuickCalc.