With the GEN24, Fronius expands its product portfolio by introducing an inverter that, like the already available Fronius Hybrid-Inverter GEN24 Plus, represents a high-quality package for the residential segment. If needed, the new Fronius GEN24 can cover the same functions as the Plus variant through the paid software update "UP.storage."
The powerful three-phase Symo GEN24 with 3.0 / 4.0 / 5.0 / 6.0 / 8.0 / 10.0 kW and the single-phase Primo GEN24 with performance classes of 3.0 / 3.6 / 4.0 / 4.6 / 5.0 / 6.0 kW are available for selection.
How do the series differ?
The GEN24 series essentially offers the same range of features as the Plus variant. This includes:
- Integrated basic backup power supply thanks to PV-Point: Essential appliances can be powered by solar energy through an outlet supplied during grid outages (up to 3 kW). The PV-Point can be used both with and without storage.
- Easy installation and simple maintenance: Quick-release screws, spring-clamp connectors, and a well-thought-out wall mounting system ("SnapIN concept") provide solar installers with significant time and cost savings.
- Optimized commissioning with automatic WiFi connection: Only a few steps are required for commissioning via a user-friendly app, such as on a smartphone or tablet.
The new features of the versatile GEN24 devices (excluding the Plus) are particularly convincing due to:
- Future-proofing: With the Fronius UP.storage software update, you can upgrade the Fronius GEN24 inverter to the Fronius GEN24 Plus hybrid inverter at any time, including all of its functions and benefits. This includes connecting a battery storage system and a full backup power option.
- Flexibility and security for changing future requirements: As energy storage solutions and individual needs can change over time, Fronius UP.storage offers the possibility to expand the system at any time.
- Sustainable inverter concept: By upgrading through Fronius UP.storage, the existing inverter can continue to be used. This not only reduces material and resource consumption but also saves costs for inverter replacement. The extended lifespan of the inverter improves the sustainability of the entire energy system.
You can find your purchasing conditions and availabilities for all Fronius inverters in our QuickShop or in QuickCalc, our system calculator. Our sales team is looking forward to your inquiries or orders.